Fancy holidaying in a beautiful 17th Century Charentais Chateau, all whilst learning and practicing French in real life?
Then our Language Breaks are perfect for you!
Starting in June and September 2023 why not join us in a relaxed quintessentially French setting, while brushing up or learning French.
Highlights of what’s included in your language break
For our language breaks you’ll be staying at the magnificent Château de Charras
- 7 nights accommodation in your own private self catering apartment
- Sunday evening welcome apéritif
- Friday ‘Au revoir Soirée’
- Access to over 13 hectares of grounds
- Use of exclusive heated outdoor (5 x 15m) swimming pool
- Tennis courts and outdoor table tennis
- A beautiful orchard with panoramic views over the Charentais countryside
The price includes
- Accommodation for 2 people (Saturday – Saturday)
- 20 hours of French classes
- Breakfast and lunch from Monday to Friday, along with your apéritif and Au revoir Soirée on the Friday evening*.
- Activities, markets and more. In the afternoons you will have a choice of several activities (choice of 2 each day from Monday to Thursday) including, but not limited to; Horseriding, Go Karting, Hiking, Canoeing, Yoga, Guided tours of some of the local attractions
Our daily French lessons are on Monday through to Thursday. Starting everyday at 8.30am with coffee and croissants, running until 12.30pm. There will then be a 30 minute break so that you can go back to your accommodation and freshen up or stretch your legs before lunch (included in the price).
The goal of these activities is to help you discover the region and what it has to offer but evidently, we will speak French for the duration of the activity. On Friday morning we have an early start as we will be going to Brantome to the market so that you can experience a French market in a beautiful French riverside town. We will then stop for lunch (included in the price) which, of course, will be conducted in French where we will order and discuss our French market experience plus what we learned during the week.
Transport is provided to and from each activity.
*Please note dinners are not included. But we will provide you with a list of local restaurants that we would recommend or, if you prefer to have a swim and chill out at your accommodation, we will provide you with a list of local supermarkets within 25 minutes drive so you can stock up your apartment for the week.
Language breaks pricing and dates
We are currently taking bookings for two dates in 2023:
- Saturday 24th June to Saturday 1st July 2023 – €1,650
- Saturday 2nd September to Saturday 9th September 2023 – €1,500
Do you live close to Charras but would still like to participate without the accommodation or travel?
Then we’d love you to join in! The price without accommodation & transport is:
- Saturday 24th June to Saturday 1st July 2023 – €750
- Saturday 2nd September to Saturday 9th September 2023 – €700
Coming as a group? The accommodation has a minimum of 2 bedrooms so if you are coming as a family or a group of friends then we can certainly cater for your needs. Contact us directly for group bookings and discounts.
“Laura is an excellent teacher and has been a huge help to my daughter and has instilled a love of French in her. When you see a teenager getting up early on a Saturday morning for her French lesson that is a very good sign. Laura is friendly and professional and I recommend her very highly.”
“Professeure très agréable qui aime ce qu’elle fait et a un très bon contact avec les enfants. Ma fille n’attend qu’une chose: le prochain cours d’anglais.”